Remember when I said I was on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie? Well Joy was on a search of her own, and she may just have saved me a lot of time! These are right up my alley. Light and crispy around the edges and slightly chewy in the middle....these suckers are good!
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- brown 1 stick plus one tablespoon butter, place in bowl to cool
-cream remaining stick of butter with granulated sugar, beat on medium speed app. 3 minutes
-add vanilla extract and molasses, beat until incorporated
-add cooled browned butter and brown sugar, cream until incorporated add egg and egg yolk, beat for another minute
-in separate bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda
-add mixture all at once and meat on low speed until incorporated
-remove bowl from stand mixer and fold in chocolate chips
-cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate while oven preheats to 375 degrees.
- scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
-bake for 12 to 14 minutes