Rocky Road Brownies
Adapted from www.adashofsass.com
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 bags (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cup chopped nuts
This recipe is super simple to make. With this you can give your (trusty and still much loved) stand mixer a rest and use some good old fashioned elbow grease. It's also a one bowl recipe, which means you can feasibly make these without trashing the entire kitchen. I didn't, because I'm a disaster....but I bet you can do it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine butter and 2 cups chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave for 3 minutes and stir, then heat at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Stir in sugars and salt. Once combined, stir in the eggs and then the flour, stirring just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30-33 minutes- you want them to be almost done, but not entirely
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. If you want your marshmallows toasty you can heat under the broiler for the last 2 minutes.
- Make sure these are completely cooled prior to cutting. Just trust me on this.
These can be enjoyed with or without Patrick Swayze.